The following information is for those individuals who plan to run for Village Trustee or Village President (both are a 2 year term):
Qualifications for Candidates
- Citizen of the Village of Elm Grove
- Age 18 or older
- Resided in the Village for 28 days before any election
- An eligible elector
- The first day for circulating nomination papers for the above office is December 1st. Not less than 20 but no more than 100 signatures are needed. A candidate may circulate his/her own nomination papers.
- A person may sign as many nomination papers as there are vacancies for any office. You must be a qualified elector of the Village of Elm Grove to sign any nomination paper.
- The last day for filing nomination papers, declaration of candidacy, and campaign registration statements with the Village Clerk is not later than 5:00 PM on the first Tuesday of January.
- Every person who is a candidate for public office must file a registration statement with the Village Clerk regardless of whether the candidate accepts contributions and/or make disbursements.