Youth Summer Library Program
A Universe of Stories / June 10 - August 10
Special Performances for all ages - 10:30 a.m. on Thursdays in the O’Neill Room
- June 13: Mad Science - Fun, interactive science show
- June 20: Robin's Dog Stars - Dogs perform amazing tricks!
- June 27: Little Miss Ann - Lively musical performance
- July 11: Pocket Lady Around the World - Interactive storytelling where the audience chooses what comes next!
- July 18: Snake Discovery - The hands-on way to learn about reptiles
- July 25: Great Scott's "Make Space for Reading" Magic Show - Magic, humor, fun facts
- August 1: Mr. Steve - Music, magic, balloon creations, and lots of fun!
Additional Events You Won't Want To Miss
- Wednesday, June 12, 10:30 a.m.: Ardan James - The Animated Illusionist Library Show. Open to all ages, but older elementary school kids will especially love it! No registration required.
- Friday, July 5, 10:30 a.m.: Dave Landau - Light-hearted, energetic musical performance. Open to all ages, but it's a special treat for children ages 3-7!
Tuesday Movie Matinees - June 11 - July 30, 1:30 p.m. (end time varies depending upon the movie)
*Please note change of start time this year. Catch up on recent family movies by watching them at the library! Kids can bring a blanket or pillow to sit on the floor, and we’ll provide the popcorn! All ages are welcome. No registration needed.
- June 11: The House with a Clock in its Walls, 2018, PG, 104 min.
- June 18: Zathura: A Space Adventure, 2005, PG, 101 min.
- June 25: How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World, 2019, PG, 110 min.
- July 2: Wonder Park, 2019, PG, 86 min.
- July 9: Incredibles 2, 2018, PG, 118 min.
- July 16: Mary Poppins Returns, 2018, PG, 130 min.
- July 23: Smallfoot, 2018, PG, 98 min.
- July 30: The Lego Movie 2: The Second Part, 2019, PG, 107 min.
Space Race: An Elm Grove Library Teen Event / Wednesday, July 31, 3:00, 4:00, or 6:30 p.m.
It is the 50th anniversary of the Apollo 11 mission to the moon! When the U.S. goes back, will you have what it takes to be part of the crew? You and your team will work together to find answers, solve problems and beat the clock in this escape room-style event.
Sign up to compete at 3:00, 4:00 or 6:30. Teams will consist of 6 members, ages 12-17.
For questions or to sign up, call the library at 262-782-6717.
Story Time and Sleepover at the Library - Wednesday, July 10 - Thursday, July 11
This is a sleepover for your favorite stuffed animal or doll. Bring your toy to the library at 6:30 p.m. on Wednesday, July 10 and we will tuck it for the night after some stories. When you come back for your toy on Thursday morning, you will see photos of what went on during the night! Just to be clear—kids don’t sleep over, just their toys. Recommended for ages preschool - grade 2. Registration required beginning June 10 and group size may be limited.
- Date/Time: Wednesday, July 10 - Sign in begins at 6:30 p.m. and story time is 6:45-7:00 p.m. Toys can be picked up on Thursday, July 11 beginning at 10:00 a.m.
Summer Reading Program - A Universe of Stories / June 10 - August 10
If you need some extra motivation to spend time reading this summer, sign up for the summer reading program! There is a program available for every age, birth through teens. Program begins June 10.
Creative Writing Contest
Enter the writing contest with a poem, essay, or short story. Originality and creativity are encouraged! Winning entries will be published in the Elm Grove News Independent and all entries will be displayed in the library. Click here for more information.
Therapy Pet Reading Program
Pets will return this summer for students who would like extra practice reading aloud. Students in grades 1-5 may register for a 25 minute session with a dog or cat. Registration is required and will begin June 10.
- Clover the dog, Thursday, July 25, 4:00, 4:30 p.m.
- Dexter the cat, Monday, August 19, 4:30, 5:00, 5:30 p.m.
- Clover the dog, Thursday, August 8, 4:00, 4:30 p.m.
Thank you to the Friends of the Elm Grove Library and the Bridges Library System for sponsoring these programs!
Please contact Sue Daniels, Youth Services Librarian, with questions or comments at firstname.lastname@example.org or 262-782-6717.